Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm eating carrots!

Well, you know what they say about eating carrots…

Or maybe, my dad has a saying that, “everyone who eats carrots is gonna die.” Sounds harsh, huh? My dad just doesn’t like carrots…

I’ve decided to start this blog because of all the questions my husband and I have received about our successful weight loss. People want to know what works so I’ve decided to share what worked for us.

My husband (R) purchased the book You: on a Diet: the Owner’s Manual for Waist Management, by Mehmet C. Oz and Michael F. Roizen a couple of years back. He read it shortly after buying it and then it collected dust in our home for the next year and a half.

Fast-forward to October 2009. We are sitting on the couch after a typical work day, exhausted and tired of deciding what to do for dinner. In the months previous to this day, I had tried jogging on the treadmill in an attempt to lose weight, but always fell off the wagon. I can’t remember how the conversation went exactly, but both of us decided we needed to make a change in our eating habits. Too often we went out to eat instead of cooking at home, because we were so tired. We were tired of being tired…

R brought up the book You: on a Diet: the Owner’s Manual for Waist Management and suggested that we follow the advice and information it provided. He had tried their smoothie recipes for breakfast before. We agreed that if we decided to follow the book, we would have to follow it completely. Just following bits and pieces in the past had not worked. And so began our journey…

As of today, R has lost 110 lbs and I have lost 45 lbs. I welcome your questions or suggestions on my blog. Afterall, everyone is different and what works for one may or may not work for someone else. I hope you find my blog helpful and encouraging.

-Megan

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! I'm so excited you are starting this. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LA! I added your blog to my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete