Saturday, June 26, 2010

Turkey Burgers & Black Bean Burgers, Deee-lish!

A number seven with cheese, no pickles, no onions, and whatasize the fries to a medium with a Dr. Pepper was just how I liked my Whataburger. I can smell the grease right now! Alas, my Whataburger days are over. I've traded in beef burgers for vegetarian burgers and life is great!



Never in a million years did I ever dream that I would crave a vegetarian burger. Don't let the word "vegetarian" scare you. These burgers have great flavor and are very filling. R and I have had some excellent turkey burgers and black bean burgers.



Cafe Express makes a great turkey burger. We like to order the California Burger, no cheese and substitute a turkey patty. The roasted artichoke hearts and tomatoes add an excellent flavor to the burger. For the side we choose their fresh fruit cup. Cafe Express is probably R's favorite place to get a turkey burger.



The best turkey burgers I've had so far have been at Red Robin, yummm! You can order their Natural Burger which comes with only vegetables and substitute a turkey burger. We add mustard, but no mayonnaise. Instead of the bottomless fries, we order the melon which is always crisp and cold.





At home we like to make black bean burgers. We've never actually made our own patties; we buy Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers in the frozen section at the grocery store. We use the skillet method printed on the box to cook them, and they are better if you toast your bread. We use Oroweat 100% Whole Wheat. You can put a little mustard on the bread, add spinach, tomatoes, and cucumbers and you will have a burger that will make you want to slap yo mama. (Please excuse the strange colloquialisms. I blame my father!) You can serve them with veggie chips and a Diet A&W Root Beer in a frosted glass. Deee-lish!



Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers are easy and fast to make. I'm not quite sure why they are called "spicy," because we don't find them to be that way. I have not tried any of the other Morningstar products, but my uncle tells me that everything he has ever eaten made by them has tasted great. Have you tried any Morningstar products that you would recommend?

2 comments:

  1. I used to use some Morningstar stuff in college because it was healthy and precooked, and all I had was a microwave :) I made a taco salad one night with the Morningstar crumbles and taco seasoning and it was DELISH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morningstar Garden Veggie patties are really yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete