Tuesday, June 8, 2010

When Carrots Just Won't Do...

You on a Diet provides a detailed two week meal plan to get you started. There are also great charts in the book to help you decide what you’ll eat for each meal and snack for the rest of your journey. My favorite section in the book tells you what things to eat at particular types of restaurants.

R and I were very motivated the first week we started following the two week plan. However, once the second week rolled around, we were kind of missing the old foods we used to eat. DON’T QUIT! Once we made it past the second week, we got into a groove. We even got to the point that we no longer craved a What-a-burger!?!

Don’t get me wrong, my enormous sweet tooth still knocks at my door from time to time. The book provides some dessert recipes too! R and I tried eating the super duper dark chocolate it says you can have. I just can’t handle the bitterness.

Fortunately, a recent trend in our area has given us a healthy alternative when carrots just won’t do. Several natural frozen yogurt places have opened up around our home and my by office. You can even get chocolate at some of them! Our favorite yogurt shop, by far is called Red Mango. They have a wonderful Mixed Berry Parfait that R and I like to split. The granola in it tastes great! In fact, I think I’m going to go and get one now. After all, I’m only a few points away from a $5 off coupon….

No comments:

Post a Comment